About a week and a half ago we went to see Dr. Papez for a follow up visit. While we were there he asked that Anabelle be put on a holter monitor for 24 hours so we could see what her heart was doing. He specifically wanted to see if she was going into SVT at any point. Also, because the Flecainide that she takes three times a day helps keep her heart rate low he wanted to see just how low it was getting.
They put a bunch of little electrodes all over her body. Those were connected to a little recording monitor that recorded all of her heart's electrical activity. After 24 hours we simply returned the holter monitor to the doctor's office and they analyzed the data.
Dr. Papez called today with great news! He said that during that 24 hour period she didn't go into SVT at all and her lowest heart rate was 70 which is not too low. Hooray! The medicine is doing it's job!
2 comments:
Yay! Great news. Thanks for sharing.
Savannah - I was all ready to correct your spelling on "Holter," but when I Googled it, you were right! I always thought it was a halter monitor cuz you wear it like a halter. Good to learn new stuff, especially since I am in the biz. Give Ellie a big smooch from Oma. I'm so glad she is doing well on her meds. xoxoxox
Post a Comment