Hayden got a bike for her third birthday from Oma and Opa. She loved that it was pink and covered in princesses. She loved that it had a bell. She loved that she got to wear a helmet and knee pads. She loved sitting on it.
However, she did not love that it was summertime and outside bike riding was not in the cards for several months. She tried to ride the bike in the kitchen but just couldn't get the timing down on pushing the pedals. We'd try and help her but the bike typically stayed in the living room just waiting for the heat to break.
This morning though she asked to ride it. Sure - why not?! She put on her shoes, pushed on the pedals, and off she went. All of a sudden it just totally clicked for her. We were gone most of the day but before dinner she asked to ride it again. She was loving it!
COME ON FALL WEATHER!! WE WANT TO RIDE OUR BICYCLE!!
3 comments:
Wow! Good for her.
As always if I am watching a video, Vincent runs over to watch too. He said "Hey! That's Hayden. She's riding a bike! She has palm trees!"
Not sure where the palm trees comment comes from, but I guess it is memorable to him that you have pam trees in Phoenix. :)
I love my godson! When I was a kid and visited Phoenix, I always loved the palm trees. Even now, I try to recognize a palm tree every day to remind myself that I live in paradise.
Now that you mention it, I am pretty sure I heard you tell Vincent to look for palm trees the whole time we were there. Good job imparting knowledge, my friend!
Post a Comment