May 18th was Hayden's fourth birthday. We still can't believe how quickly the last four years have gone and that our sweet little baby is now a beautiful, caring, sassy, smart, funny little girl.
A week before her birthday I made a little paper chain with seven links to rip off each day as a countdown. The night before, as I was tucking her into bed I told her all about how she was born. She asked if she was "cut out" of my stomach. Luckily I had her via c-section so I dodged a bullet and was able to answer that with a simple "yes" and kept moving along with the story. However, I'm sure she now thinks that all babies are cut out of their mothers. We'll cross that bridge when we need to...
After she was sound asleep we blew up balloons, hung streamers in front of her door, and laid out all of her presents. On the morning of her birthday she was treated to donuts with a candle on top and was allowed to open a birthday present. We took pink and purple cupcakes to school and I told her I'd be back to pick her up at 12:30.
At 12:30 she and I drove to the airport to pick up Oma for a quick weekend visit. As soon as we had her we drove to a local nail salon and the three of us had pedicures (and Hayden got a manicure too). I have painted her nails plenty of times but I haven't ever taken her anywhere so this was a very special treat. I was worried that she might get shy and not want to go through with it but she did really, really well. She picked out purple polish and purple glitter and also got white polka dots. The owner of the shop did her nails and Oma's nails and was so great. And coincidentally, it was her birthday that day too.
After our mani/pedis we stopped at Starbucks for a little treat, picked up Anabelle, and then headed home. Unfortunately, Matt had come home early that day because he came down with the flu. He felt absolutely awful and felt even worse that he wasn't up for her birthday dinner. But Oma, Ellie and I took her out and we had a great time at Red Robin. Hayden ordered a milkshake, pizza, and mac-and-cheese for dinner, got a balloon, and was sung to. She really was in heaven.
When we got home she got to open more presents and she and Ellie played and played.
It really was such a special day with our sweet girl!
1 comment:
Yay! I was hoping to see some birthday pics. Sounds like a WONDERFUL day. Sorry Matt was sick, but I saw him hanging in the background like a trooper. My favorite picture is definitely Hayden in her cheerleading uniform with her Oma in the background looking like she is bracing to be hit. Classic.
Hayden is a special girl and deserved such a special day to clebrate her reacing 4 years on this earth. Hard to believe!
Post a Comment