We had a fantastic time on our trip to New York City. I had a work meeting on Tuesday, so we decided that Savannah should join me for the prior weekend and make a fun trip out of it. Our friends Jake (who works with me and had to be on the work trip too) and Laura joined us. Scooter and Tracy were nice enough to host us and take us around their little cow town.
Our carriage ride through Central Park.
We had some busy days. On Saturday we went to the World Trade Center site (though we couldn't get in as it was packed), we walked around in Soho, we went to see the Christmas stuff including the giant tree at Rockefeller Center, and we went on a carriage ride in Central Park on a beautiful night. On Sunday we went ice skating in Central Park, then we walked through the park, after that we went to a musical on Broadway called 'Once' which was fantastic, and we hung out at the Marriott Marquis overlooking Times Square.
Notice that I didn't mention food or drink once in the above paragraph? But oh was it mixed in a-plenty.
My goal for the trip was to take pictures of all the food I ate. Done. It was an awesome experience to go on a culinary tour of the city. Here are the highlights:
Huevos Rancheros at Cookshop in Chelsea.
Pizza at Rubirosa in Soho.
Spaghetti and Meatballs at Crispo in the West Village.
Black Truffle Mushrooom Ravioli at Crispo.
Vanilla Cake.
An Egg Bagel from a corner deli.
Corned Beef and Pastrami sandwiches from Ben's NY Deli.
Chuletas de Puerco from Guantanamera in Midtown.
Cuban Sandwich at Guantanamera.
Dessert at Guantanamera.
Chicken Parm at Giovanna's in Little Italy.
So you can see we had quite a good time. Yes, food is how I define trips. Deal with it. I'm hungry again just looking at these.
Here is a video of Savannah skating in Central Park (quite well I might add):
And some pictures of our totally awesome trip to the Big Apple:
Awesome pictures! I was waiting for this blog - as you can see, I signed on early to see if it was up. Looks like a GREAT trip. Everyone should go to NYC during the holidays once in their life, at least. It is crazy busy, but beautiful. I will say though, don't tell Vin that you ordered Chicken Parm in Little Italy...I am pretty sure he would unfriend you. haha!
1 comment:
Awesome pictures! I was waiting for this blog - as you can see, I signed on early to see if it was up. Looks like a GREAT trip. Everyone should go to NYC during the holidays once in their life, at least. It is crazy busy, but beautiful. I will say though, don't tell Vin that you ordered Chicken Parm in Little Italy...I am pretty sure he would unfriend you. haha!
Post a Comment