Hello everyone - mama here!
First, I'd like to say thank you to everyone who has posted a comment, sent an email, texted, called, or visited us! It has been so great to hear from everyone and know that you're thinking of us.
Second, isn't my husband wonderful? He's been so great about updating the website with new information about Hayden - I hope everyone has enjoyed it as much as we have! Plus, he was my biggest fan and supporter on Saturday and has continued to be amazing to both me and to Hayden. I love watching him cuddle with Hayden, sing to her and fall in love with her.
Today was our third day in the hospital and everything has been going really well. I was finally allowed to eat "real food" so I thoroughly enjoyed pancakes, hashbrowns and bacon for breakfast! My doctor told me that today would be one of my hardest recovery days and she was right. I have had a lot swelling in my knees, ankles, and feet. But, it's totally worth it when I pick up Hayden and get to snuggle with her.
Our little princess had her first tantrum today. She screamed and yelled and we did all of the things that we've learned so far but none of them worked. Then we accidentally found out that she was just gassy - so she's back to being a princess. But, now we know one more trick to try! She's started in on her "feeding frenzy" so she's been a lot more alert today and excited to eat.
It's been a long third day so we're going to retire - at least for a few hours until her next feeding. Enjoy the slideshow and hope to hear from you all again soon!
4 comments:
WOW! What a beautiful baby Hayden is! It was an incredible experience to be with you guys during such an emotional and momentous time.
Enjoy your new family -- you both are terrific parents. Hayden is one very lucky girl to have you guys watching over her!
Love,
Grandma Sarah
Dear Savannah and Matt,
She's absolutely lovely. Thanks so much for sending the link; I'm glad to hear she -- and you -- are settling in so well. Enjoy!! Meg
Oh what a doll!!! So much hair too. I love the video with Gram Colleen. What a precious little cry.
How's that recliner feeling about now, Matt? I just had to look up embiggened on the Wiki. Expanding the population and my vocabulary at the same time.
Savannah, I am so proud of you, that birthing is NOT for sissies!!!
Love and blessings to all 3 of the cherubs, the big ones and the little one.
Ray
Post a Comment