Sunday, May 18, 2008

It's a Girl!!!


After an 18 and a half hour labor and 2 hours of pushing, the Doctor realized that Hayden did not want to leave her nest easily and thus a C-Section was ordered. Soon after, at 3:08am this morning Hayden emerged and was as beautiful as could be!

She weighed in at 8 pounds, 2.5 ounces and 20.75 inches long. Her most notable feature is her long dark hair. She has more hair than some 5 month olds.

Savannah was a trooper through the long hard labor, even cracking jokes deep into the night. She truly showed her strength and perseverance.

Hayden is a doll so far into her young life, only crying on a couple of occasions. She was awake and alert for her first 3 hours of life and looks pensively into the eyes of whoever is holding her.

We couldn't be more proud of our little girl. See the slideshow below for pics.

13 comments:

MomatHome said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MomatHome said...

Yeah, congrats to the family... We can't wait to meet Hayden... Give Savannah my best. Janelle Baynes

Heather Moreno said...

Congrats!!!! I've been checking my e-mail every hour on the hour for the news of Hayden's arrival. I'm so excited for you guys. Savannah, I know it took awhile, but you did it!! Can't wait to see you guys soon.

Heather Moreno

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful, good work mom and dad. Carrie and I are looking foward to visiting. See ya soon!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you guys! 18 hours and 2 of pushing . . . OMG! That's gotta be tough. Hayden looks amazing and I know it's worth it. Congrats and I can't wait to meet her - and see that head of hair!!! LOL

audrasmall said...

Congratulations! Savannah is one tough cookie, but at least all the hard work paid off to get your little sweetie pie. Jim, the girls and I wish her the strongest of luck and health in life; everything else- love, support, and laughs-- she will no doubt be provided with daily by her loving family. You'll be amazing parents.

kathleen said...

Congrats! I'm soooo happy for you and I can't wait until I get to meet Hayden! She looks just like her mom, beautiful!

Teresa said...

Congrats!! I am so excited for you two. Hayden is so cute, I can't wait to see her (and hold her of course) soon. Sav, I hope you got all your naps in, lol. Love you guys, Teresa Howell

Sheila Lecce said...

Congratulations you guys. Savannah and Matty - great job! You did it! What a gorgeous baby girl you have. She is very lucky to have the two of you as her parents. The video is amazing - her voice is so sweet.

Savannah - I know it was hard, but isn't it all so worth it? Wanna do it again? hehehe (wait, was that too soon?) You rock girl!

We are so looking forward to meeting Hayden - in person in 6 weeks, and over web cam whenever you guys catch your breath -- I am not sure which one will come first =)

Love, The Lecces

Beth Roberts said...

Congrats to you both! She is gorgeous! I started to cry when I saw her picture! I'm so glad things went well (if not planned!) It is all so worth it! Hope you get some rest and some time to heal Sav- I'm so happy for you!
Love, Beth
ps- I can't believe she's finally here!

Anonymous said...

Yeah you finally have your sweet girl in your arms and out of your belly! You are such a trooper Savannah! Savor every moment, every emotion and if you get a chance write it down (you know in all your spare time) it all goes so fast! You are going to be great parents, I can't wait to see you this summer. Now get off the computer and get some rest :o)!!

Corrin said...

YAY! You did it! Savannah, I'm so proud of you! You deserve a gold metal for all you went through. And bless Hayden's little heart. Please welcome her to the big and wild world for me. I'm so happy for you guys! Congrats on your beautiful baby. MUCH LOVE! Corrin

Suzy said...

Hayden is AMAZING she is so beautiful. Matt and Savannah I could not be happier for you! Keep the pictures coming. I can not wait to meet her this summer!!