By Hayden Wolach - These last couple of days have been very exhausting. It all started a few days ago.
I was very comfortable and enjoying life just swimming around and sleeping all the time, although it was dark and I couldn't see a thing. Then all of a sudden, the room around me started moving and pushing me down. It was very scary! After several pushes and what seemed like forever, it all stopped.
That's when I saw the knife.
Darkness no more as a beam of light cut into my room and the brightness was too much so I shut my eyes. Then some hands were grabbing me and pulling me out of my room. I was so afraid I cried! And, as soon as I came out of the water, something weird happened - I breathed in air.
These nice people cleaned me up and then they handed me to some dude they called "Daddy." I didn't recognize this guy, but then he spoke. It was a sound that was very familiar to me and very comforting. I just looked into Daddy's eyes as he looked into mine. Daddy introduced me to this lady he called "Mommy" but she was very tired and laying on a table.
Daddy walked me down a hallway to a room, and Mommy came shortly thereafter. She held me and again, I recognized her voice - more so than Daddy's. What a soft and soothing voice and I looked into her eyes as she held me.
After that, it has been a couple of days of me being held by several people, eating, getting checked on by "Nurses", having everyone hold this little object that flashes in my face about a hundred times (I hate that thing), and sleeping. Oh man do I love this sleep thing. They bundle me up tight and set me down and in 2 seconds flat I am out. Ahhhhh.
Mommy and Daddy tell me that people from all over the country have written in to give their best wishes to me and to Mommy and Daddy. How nice of these people and I can't wait to meet them.
I'm looking forward to seeing what tomorrow brings as this new world has been very interesting and exciting. They tell me we will go to some place they call a "House" tomorrow.
-Hayden
2 comments:
Hayden - Thanks for the update. You are quite intellectual for such a young one. I guess you take after your Mommy (oh yeah, and maybe that Dad of yours too=)!)
Love, Sheila
An interesting perspective, to be sure!! Hayden's eyes have really opened up now (or has the swelling just gone down?). What a beauty!
Love,
Grandma Sarah
Post a Comment