Sunday, July 20, 2008

Go Plainsman!

Last weekend was my 10-year high school reunion! It was time to head "home" to Laramie to celebrate with my fellow Plainsman.

Thursday morning Matt, Hayden, and I flew to Denver and then rented a car and drove up to Wyoming. That afternoon we introduced Hayden to several of her family members and then Matt and I headed out for dinner with friends. It was the first time that we left Hayden and it was a little weird. But, it was so nice to have some adult time together! If only our parents lived in Arizona - they could see their granddaughter and babysit more often! (hint hint)

The reunion committee planned a full weekend. We went to a mixer on Friday night at the Alibi, we rode a float in the Jubilee Days parade, attended a dinner and dance on Saturday, and had a family picnic on Sunday. About 100 classmates made it to town for the reunion, out of a graduating class of 260.



We had a great time at each event and my favorite was the family picnic at the park. The food was great, the weather was perfect, and there were tons of kids and babies there. Plus, it was really neat to see some of my friends as parents.

Being home was wonderful. It was the first time that I had been home during Jubilee Days since I moved to Phoenix. Growing up, Jubilee Days was one of my most favorite times of year. It was great to be there and to feel like a kid again. Well, a kid who is married to a fantastic guy, and has a beautiful daughter, and is 10 years out of high school...

L-A-R-A-M-I-E...Go Plainsman!

No comments: