Monday, July 14, 2008
Ohhhh, Yes Wyoming!
This weekend not only was Hayden's 8th Week birthday but it marked Hayden's first trip to see her family in Wyoming. What does the above title make reference to you ask? Click the link below then on the Playbill in the lower left of the screen:
Hilarious Wyoming Song
Now try and get that song out of your head for the next 72 hours. Don't blame me. Ok, you can blame me.
Hayden met all kinds of family and friends that loved her and yet she never knew. All tolled, she met 3 Great Grand Parents, 2 Grandpas, 1 Grandma, 4 Great Aunts, 4 Great Uncles, 1 Uncle, and 2 First Cousins once Removed (whatever THAT means). Bonus points if you can name all of these people. Throw in dozens of Mommy's friends and it makes for one long and tiring weekend.
It may have caught up with the little one as the plane ride back was her first tough plane ride. The plane was hot and the air did not turn on while we were on the ground, then she soiled her diaper so we changed her which was lucky that we had one diaper left. Then she fussed and cried. Then she soiled her last diaper and in doing so the "soil" left the diaper and magically shot all over Daddy's shorts. That's when Mommy and Daddy invented a new diaper called the "damn we are totally out so let's make a blanket diaper". Look for it in stores near you.
Yet it was a fantastic weekend. From seeing Grandpa and Grandma's new house, to the Laramie Jubilee days parade which Mommy starred in, to hanging out with the McNierney family, to visiting Denver where Daddy was born, all good times.
Thanks to everyone for your nice words about Hayden and thanks especially to Coleen, Mark, Bob, Susan, and Shelley who played the role of babysitter at one time or another so Mommy and Daddy could go out and have some fun.
We also learned that many of you are keeping up with the blog more than we thought. Thanks for doing so (or at least thanks for lying to us to make us feel better). Please leave comments so we can feel warm inside.
Oh Yes Wyoming!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Lmao- "Oh Yes, Wyoming!" I didn't even listen to the link and that freakin' song is in my head. Hayden looks so grown up! I can't wait to see her again!!
Aunt B ;)
What a great traveller little Hayden is!! She looks so comfortable while she is being admired by sooooo many loving relatives.
We can't wait to see her again next week!
Love,
Grandma Sarah :)
Sounds like you guys had a blast! If you guys are ever in Denver again I would love to meet up - if you drove by your old house, Matt, and didn't stop by I'll be very sad. Keith and I are living at mom and dad's on Jasmine Way as they're in Arizona most of the year. And if you did drive by, I hope you didn't make fun of all the cars in the driveway and street surrounding our house... :)
take care & talk soon,
susie
Okay so I want to know how you found such a song as "Oh Yes Wyoming."
It was so fun to see you guys and especially beautiful Miss Hayden who is even more beautiful in person (hard to believe). I hope I get to see you again in August for Mel's wedding!
Beth
Seriously, where did you get the Wyo song? Mark and Jen thought I had burst somethin' I was laughing so hard! Unbelievable. Hayden has been missed. I hate that I can't see her every day. Thank heavens for this blog!! Wink, wink, nudge nudge -- right Savannah? xoxoxoxoxo
Post a Comment