Monday, October 24, 2011

New Tricks and Phrases

Anabelle:

- She can wave hello and goodbye
- She can blow kisses
- She can give kisses
- She can bite (oh wait...that's not a good trick to have learned)
- She says Dada like it's going out of style. Little stinker still doesn't want to say Mama when I'm encouraging her to say it but says it no problem when she wants more food.
- She has gotten really good with sign language to say "more" and "all done" when she's eating
- She is SUCH a cuddler - and I love it!! Hayden wasn't much of a cuddler when she was little but I just love that Ellie will lay her head on our shoulder or give you a good snuggle. Melts my heart every time.
- We think she's weeks away from walking. She can cruise around the furniture at lightning speed and she gets up and down so easily we're thinking it's only a matter of time until she takes off!

Hayden - Here are some of our favorite Hayden phrases:
- Alrighty!
- I'm all jacked up! (I kid you not - that actually came out of her mouth. She ran into the fence we have up between the kitchen and living room and hurt herself. She didn't cry but kind of rubbed it and then said - "I'm all jacked up!" Matt, Oma, and I were dying)
- That's my favorite...fill in the blank (cereal, sister, dress)
- I never get to...fill in the blank (open the yogurt, brush her teeth)
- Hayden just got her Minnie Mouse Halloween costume and was trying it on. She said, "Mommy I want a black nose like Minnie." I said, "okay, we can give you a black nose" and she said (rather nervously) , "will you have to take my nose off?!"
- Hayden is a championship staler at bedtime. The other night she said, "Mommy, feel right here. My ear is sooooooo soft!"

Where does she come up with this stuff?!

We have so much fun with our two girls - they both make us laugh (and drive us batty) every single day. How did we get so lucky?!

1 comment:

Sheila Lecce said...

Love this update. It is so great to hear what your girls are up to these days. You are lucky - they are beautiful, smart, funny little girls. xo