Monday, March 12, 2012

First Spring Training Game of 2012!

We are fortunate enough to have the Colorado Rockies Spring Training facility a mere 20 minutes from our house so as soon as the 2012 Spring Training schedule was released Dave purchased our tickets to a game.

I went to a baby shower that morning so Matt and the girls met Dave and Sarah at the ballpark and I joined them about 45 minutes into the game. The weather was perfect and we had great seats on the first base line near the top so we could get in and out with the girls easily.

Right after the 7th inning stretch we were on the Jumbotron! Hayden made it on the Jumbotron last year in a face-off with Vincent for "Fan of the Game" (I have to say that the first time I typed this I said "Player of the Game". Haha oops!  Thanks for catching that Matt) and the same camera guy found her again this year! We were dancing in our seats and he came up the isle and she was on the Jumbotron. I just wish we could have gotten a picture of it!

By the end of the game the girls were completely wiped out (and truthfully, so were we) but we were so glad to be outside spending time with Dave and Sarah. We love Spring Training in Phoenix!!

1 comment:

Sheila Lecce said...

Love the pictures. brings back memories from last year. Ellie is getting SOOOO Big!