Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sick Girl

In late February, our sweet Ellie got a nasty flu bug that wiped her out for four days.

It all started with a really wonderful dinner out at Maggiano's with the girls and Cyrus. She ate really well but was a little quieter than normal. We put her down without any trouble that night but at about 9:30 we heard a weird sound and then crying. I went into her room and found her covered in throw-up (sorry for the visual). Poor baby. She had such a sad face like she was asking, "Mommy, what the heck is going on here?!"

We got her all cleaned up and sheets changed. To cut the chase we had to clean her and her bed up another three times that night before we got to sleep. That was Tuesday night. I spent the next two days at home with her and then Sarah came over Friday morning to take the morning shift and I came home in the afternoon to be with her that afternoon.

She was just completely wiped out. She slept on the couch next to me most of the two days and even snuggled with me and fell asleep on my chest a few times. It was super sweet and made me miss her being a baby. By the end of the weekend she seemed to have bounced back to her normal self. And even though I felt so sorry for her it sure was nice to spend some one-on-one time snuggling with her.

Conked out on the couch
Awwww...that sweet face.
I was totally loving her sleeping on me.

1 comment:

Sheila Lecce said...

Aww poor babes. It is just heartbreaking when kids throw up. And I know the face you are talking about....
Thank Goodness you had Sarah to help you out a bit and get you all back up on your feet.