Sunday, April 29, 2012

Get off my back!

On Friday Ellie went to the cardiologist for her 24-hour holter monitor. Her six-month check-up is in a couple of weeks so Dr. Papez always orders a holter monitor before he sees her.  I imagine that because it's been six months since the last time Ellie had the holter monitor on it probably feels like a brand new thing to her. The last time she had to wear one she wasn't walking yet and she wasn't quite as wild of a sleeper.

She wore it all day at school and the teacher didn't mention any issues with it. Once we got home and ate dinner we saw how annoying it must be to wear one though. They had the big recording device wrapped up and stuck in her onesie on her back which made it hard to sit down or lean back. Then after dinner it started sliding down and eventually out the bottom of her pant leg. I took her in her room to change her and mid-change she managed to rip two of the leeds off her chest. I tried to put them back in the same spot based on the little red circles imprinted on her chest but don't know if it worked. I guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks!

That night I put her in footy pajamas and put it on her back again. She mostly sleeps on her stomach so I figured that would be the best place for it. When she was really little we could just put it in the bottom of her sleep sack, put her on her back and she didn't even realize it was there. Well, not anymore. I have a feeling it's going to get more and more tricky as she gets older.

Our little hunchback.  :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Poor kid -- that looks really uncomfortable!!

Sheila Lecce said...

That DOES look uncomfortable. How long until she can stop having to wear it, or when do they switch to something that a moving/functioning personcan deal with?