Saturday, July 20, 2013

Savannah Drives on the Left Side of the Road

The entire trip, Savannah had been asking to drive so that she could say she had driven on the left side of the road. However, after seeing the crazy clifftop roads in Dingle, she changed her mind.

But I didn't take no for an answer.

Savannah on the right side of the car.
Saturday was departure day and we were 10 minutes and 4 roundabouts from the airport. Savannah was to drive. She was scared when I told her to do it saying things like, "I don't know, babe. Do you think I can do it?"

Savannah getting ready for the roundabout.
I told her she was fine so she took the reins in the driver's seat on the right side of the car. It was interesting pulling out of the driveway but as she went she gained in confidence. The roundabouts went ok too, though she had to double check each one to make sure she knew where to go.

We made it safely to the car rental drop off and she had done it! She successfully navigated the roundabouts and made it happen. She is an official ambidextrous driver!

Made it!

1 comment:

Sheila Lecce said...

Yay Savannah! I am so happy you got to do it. Great job