At about 5:30 this morning we had a small scare. The nurse came in to weigh her and she came up as 7.14 pounds. I told her that the scale must be wrong because just two days ago she weighed 9.7 pounds (not to mention she weighed 8.11 when she was born). We tried a few more times with the same results so she said that she would mention it to the doctor. Later this morning when we met with Dr. Papez I asked him about her weight and told him that it seemed too low. I also mentioned that Anabelle has been spitting up more than usual as well. He looked concerned and said that she shouldn't be losing that much weight. He asked the nurse to weigh her again using a different scale. Glad that we did because the first scale was wrong. The second scale was much more accurate. It did show that she has lost some weight over the last few days but not 2 pounds. Whew! Afton reminded me that every time Anabelle had an SVT episode it was like Ellie was running a marathon so it makes sense that she's lost a little weight. As long as she's still eating (and having dirty diapers) a little weight loss is okay.
Dr. Papez also told us that as long as she doesn't have any more SVT episodes tonight or tomorrow we can go home. So, please keep your fingers crossed for us to have a good (quiet) night tonight so we can get the okay to leave the hospital tomorrow.
Oma (my mom) came in for another visit today and brought "Omar the Giraffe" for Ellie. She also hung out with Ellie so I could take a shower in the family center. PCH really does a great job making parents comfortable. The family center has two showers and a washer and dryer. The shower felt great and I was happy knowing that I was just right down the hall from Ellie. And, for those of you wondering, I DID keep my flip flops on in the shower. :)
Matt came by this afternoon to pick up Oma and to spend a little time with Ellie. Ellie was very alert and smiley while he was holding her. I know that he has such a hard time being away from her all day so it's great that he can spend some time with her before they have to leave to pick up Hayden at daycare.
Hayden seems to be doing okay but seems to be having a tougher time each day. This morning Matt went in her room to wake her up. Oma said something to Matt from the hallway and Hayden said, "Mommy?!" Oma answered her from the hallway, "No sweetie. It's not Mommy, it's Oma." Hayden said again, "Mommy?!" So, Oma walked into her room and upon seeing Oma, Hayden flopped herself down in her crib two-year old tantrum style. Oma said that her heart just broke. Mine did too when she told me the story. It's so hard being away from my big girl. But I am so glad that my mom is still in town and can spoil her with grandma love while I'm gone.
Ms. Anabelle is sound asleep for the time being but will get a nice warm sponge bath her soon. I'm going to rest for a bit until then so click on the picture below to see more pictures from today.
![]() |
| Anabelle at Hospital - Day 3 |

No comments:
Post a Comment