1. When I posted earlier today I was pretty upset about not getting to go home yet. It felt like another set back, even though it wasn't. I think that I'm just so ready to sleep in my own bed, tuck in my kiddos, and snuggle with my husband. Being in the hospital for a few days has definitely made me really (really) appreciate all of those little things that we all sometimes take for granted.
2. A dear friend of mine, Summer, came to the hospital today for a visit. It was so great to see her and to get to introduce her to Anabelle. They had some good quality time together snuggling and we caught up on each others lives. It was a wonderful visit and it was nice to feel a little bit normal. Plus, Anabelle adored Summer. She was awake the entire time she was here, gave her a bunch of little smiles, and got fussy when Summer said she had to leave. Thank you for visiting Sum!
3. Last night and tonight we have one of the sweetest nurses. Her name is Megan and she's the kind of gal that you want to have watching over your child. Last night she went through the monitor with me and explained everything (where was she on night #1?). At one point she also heard Ellie crying and came in to soothe her back to sleep so that I didn't have to get up with her. Turns out that Ellie was hungry and I did get up but I was so grateful for those extra five minutes on my couch. Then during the day today we also had a wonderful nurse, Shelley. She also thought that we were going home today and I could tell that she was disappointed for us. She gave us a huge bag full of medicine droppers to use when we're at home and took the time to explain the dosage amounts and how to ensure we'd be giving the proper amounts. It's been great to have compassionate, knowledgeable and loving nurses.
4. We had another scare today. Matt was here for his daily visit. Oma was holding Ellie and patting her back after she ate, trying to get her to burp. For some reason the patting set off the heart rate alarm. I immediately looked at the screen, jumped up and started yelling "no! no! no!" Her heart rate was over 250 which indicated that she was back in SVT. Matt was right behind me and within seconds the nurse was in our room. She said that she thought that it was just the patting on the back that caused the monitor to go off. She said she would go and check on the main monitor to confirm. Then she very sincerely said, "it'll be okay. I'll go and check it. It'll be okay mom." I could tell that she wanted to give me a big hug. Needless to say, I lost it and started crying. I just feel like we're so close and that this medicine seems to be working so to see that on our "last day" broke my heart. But when she came back she confirmed that it probably wasn't SVT and that everything was okay. Matt and Oma both gave me big hugs but it still shook me up.
5. On a much lighter note - Damn you hospital food! I have had THREE pieces of German chocolate cake in the past TWO days. So much for trying to take off some of the pregnancy weight. But, the nurses keep reminding me to eat so that Ellie will nurse well. So I guess that all of that cake is good for me then, right?! Hmmm, come to think of it, I guess that would be on a much heavier note...
6. I can't wait to get home to my DVR. I watched Two and a Half Men tonight on television. How is that show still on? I actually watched two episodes and didn't laugh one time. It's seriously bad television. Do other people like it? Is it just me??
7. We continue to receive emails, Facebook messages, texts, and phone calls. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. You are all helping to keep me sane.
8. I had some free time today so I changed up our website a little bit. Hope you enjoy it! :) Click below to see some pictures from today.
![]() |
| Anabelle at Hospital - Day 4 |

No comments:
Post a Comment