Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Hail of a Day!

This is a post that I wrote a few weeks ago. I meant to post it and then got distracted and then we ended up in the hospital. So, here it is...

The weather here in Phoenix has been pretty unbearable lately. We've been having unseasonably high temperatures and we Phoenicians have been wondering just when our fall weather is going to appear. Well, we got our answer yesterday.

My mom, Anabelle and I were relaxing in the living room yesterday afternoon when we started hearing thunder. Then, it began to rain. Then, we had a hailstorm unlike any hailstorm I've ever seen in my entire life. Some of the hail was the size of golf balls and when it hit our pool it actually made it look like the pool was boiling. Wow, Mother Nature. Are you mad at Arizona or something??

Nonetheless, it was a pretty cool sight and we got plenty of video to document it. Matt thinks we should have sent it in to CNN. We also grabbed a few pieces of hail and stuck them in the freezer so Hayden could see it when she got home.

Watch the video below to see the storm.

No comments: