Anabelle was discharged yesterday morning at 11:30. We got the all-too-familiar discharge paperwork and were told not to come back. Believe me - we don't want to go back!
Upon our discharge we drove to Continental Golf Course and met Matt, Oma, and Hayden at Chip Drop. Chip Drop was the third and final event of Nite Flite 2010 and was put together as more of a family oriented event. (As a reminder, Matt was the chairman of Nite Flite, the fundraising event for the Scottsdale 20/30 club that Matt belongs to). The club had bouncy castles, a magician, a face painter, wonderful BBQ from Scottsdale BBQ company, and a 70-foot crane dropping thousands of poker chips for a chance to win 1 of 5 prizes.
Aside from it being a little warm outside (about 92 degrees) the event was a success. The kiddos had a fun time and our big kiddo especially had a great time. She had a lion painted on her face and she bounced her little heart out in the bouncy castle. And I was the happiest mama there because I got to see her having fun and I got to push my little one around in the stroller.
When we got home everyone took a nap while Matt watched college football. Then, last night we went to Oggy's for dinner so Oma could see Uncle Ashley. Dinner was delicious and it was nice to eat out at some place other than the hospital cafeteria. And Hayden was cracking us up with funny faces and trying to show Uncle Ashley her lion. He'd rush by our table and she'd say fast and loudly, "Uncle Ashley! Look at my lion!" It was hilarious.
Ellie had a good night sleep last night. When she got up this morning I listened to her heart again. I thought it sounded fast. I gave it a couple of minutes and checked it again and it sounded normal. So, either I'm going crazy (which is absolutely a possibility) or her medicine is doing its job. I guess either way I'm happy that her heart sounds normal this morning, that she's happily playing in the living room and Matt is making breakfast burritos in the kitchen. Life is good.
Click on the picture below to see pictures from the last few days.
![]() |
| Chip Drop 2010 |

1 comment:
Oh, Savannah! Great action shots! I love the air shots in the bouncy castle. Well done! xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment