Sunday, October 10, 2010

One Tough Cookie

Click on the picture below to see some of the pictures we've taken since Thursday.

Anabelle at Hospital


One thing that we've noticed with Anabelle over the last couple of days is that even when she's in the middle of an SVT episode she still looks like a totally normal baby. She's typically very relaxed and usually sleeps through most of it, even though her heart is racing as though she's running in a marathon. She's still such a good baby. She cries when she's hungry but is otherwise very happy and mellow.

Matt brought Hayden in today for a visit. She did really well and was very well behaved (especially for a two year old). We've been really honest with her and trying to tell as much as we can about what's going on with Ellie. At one point Ellie started crying (while the nurse was examining her) and Hayden's voice and face were very panicked. She wanted to know what was going on! I picked her up and stood right next to Ellie. I told her that Ellie was sick and that the nurse was helping to make her feel better. She seemed to accept that explanation. She was also very sweet and wanted to give her kisses and hugs before she left.

The new medicine that Anabelle is on seems to be working pretty well so far (knock on wood). She hasn't had an episode since this afternoon so we'll see how she does through the night.

We will post more soon. Thanks to everyone for your love and support!

1 comment:

Kathleen Tucker said...

Savannah & Matt,

I can't imagine what you are going through, I can only pray and believe in your love. Anabelle sounds like a trooper and I can't wait to meet her. Think good thoughts, Stay Strong and know that your family is in our family's thoughts.

Kathleen & John